Testnet 6 Release
Stegos Testnet 6 Release Notes
Stegos creates cutting-edge technology that keeps your secrets safe from prying eyes so you feel empowered and secure.
This is the sixth Testnet release of the Stegos blockchain. Changes since Testnet 5:
- Added HashCash challenge to PubSub protocol to limit denial-of-service attacks
- Implemented simplified Re-Staking for tracking validators’ online status
- Implemented wallet recovery using 24-word recovery phrase
- Implemented wallet password protection and encryption of keys stored on disk
- Split 1 STG to 1 000 000 microSTG.
- Limited the number of UTXO in transactions and blocks
TestNet-6 release is not fully compatible with TestNet-5 release. Please reset your local database if you are upgrading from the previous release:
rm -rf database/
Check the project plan for additional information: https://github.com/stegos/stegos/wiki/project-plan#sprint15 .
Please join us on Telegram to get test tokens and let us know your thoughts: https://t.me/stegos4privacy .
Testnet node installation
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.6/stegos-linux-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.6/stegos-macos-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
Right after the start the node will print a lot of INFO messages with debugging information regarding bootstrapping your node. Press Enter to get stegos> prompt. To get help enter help command at the prompt.