Mainnet Preview 1
Stegos Mainnet Preview 1 Release Notes
Stegos creates cutting-edge technology that keeps your secrets safe from prying eyes so you feel empowered and secure.
This is a first preview release of upcoming Stegos mainnet. This preview version is considered mostly feature-complete. All core features have been implemented, yet some improvements and bug fixes need to be made for the final release.
New in Stegos v0.8:
- Created an innovative blockchain compression technology to remove intermediate intra-epoch blocks after reaching the final pBFT consensus in validators group. Together with blockchain pruning technology this makes Stegos the most compact blockchain ever.
- Added Service Awards, a new incentive for validators to stay online. Each block contributes 1/3 of its reward into a special fund, which is periodically awarded to an arbitrary validator, which always stayed online since the last draw.
- Reached 10x performance boost on Bulletproof validation. A single Bulletproof verification is now just 10 ms.
- Increased performance of node synchronization and disk recovery from 200 to 6000 epochs per hour. We keep working on optimizing the underlying crypto-primitives in order to speed up the node sync more.
- Fine-tuned blockchain constants to get a trade off between finality time and node synchronization time.
- More bug fixing of HashCash protocol.
- More bug fixing of fork resolution mechanism for micro blocks.
- Introduced UTXO Timestamp Locking.
- PublicPaymentUTXOs: introduced additional tx validation rules and implemented support for public payment UTXOs usage in the wallet.
If you upgrading from the previous release, please reset your blockchain database first:
rm -rf database/
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.8/stegos-linux-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.8/stegos-macos-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
Right after the start the node will print a lot of
INFO messages with debugging information regarding bootstrapping your node. Press
Enter to get
stegos> prompt. To get help enter
help command at the prompt.