Mainnet Preview 2
Stegos creates cutting-edge technology that keeps your secrets safe from prying eyes so you feel empowered and secure.
This is a second Preview release of upcoming Stegos mainnet. We declare the feature freeze with this release - no new features are planned until the upcoming mainnet release. Of course, some minor improvements and bug fixes will be made until the final mainnet release.
New in Stegos v0.9:
- Node has been split into two binaries: a full node daemon (
stegosd) and a command-line client (
- Persistent history of transactions has been added to wallet (see
- Payment Certificates have been introduced in wallet - an (optional) way for a sender to prove to arbitrary third-parties that he made a particular payment.
- Switched to Base58 for external representation of wallet public keys (addresses) to provide more user-friendly encoding of addresses.
- Introduced the ability to set arbitrary fee amount for transactions, to increase chances of transaction to be included in the nearest block.
- Introduced API tokens for authorizing WebSockets API usage, even for localhost.
- Provided the ability for the user to change wallet password.
- Strengthen the security of the node’s docker image.
Upgrading from Mainnet Preview 1 is not supported - please start from a clean directory without old databases and keys.
Starting from this release, two components of Stegos Platform are provided:
stegosd- Stegos Full Node Daemon.
stegos- Stegos Command-Line Client.
Download and run Stegos Node.
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.9/stegosd-linux-x64 -o stegosd chmod a+x stegosd ./stegosd
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.9/stegosd-macos-x64 -o stegosd chmod a+x stegosd ./stegosd
On the first start, the node will create a new wallet. Please create a strong password and save it in a safe place. This password is used locally to encrypt your data on the disk. There is no password recovery mechanism.
The following files and directories will be created:
wallet.pkey- Wallet Public Key (Address) in Base58 format
wallet.skey- Wallet Secret Key.
network.pkey- Network Public Key in HEX format
network.skey- Network Secret Key.
data/chain/- Blockchain Database.
data/wallet/- Wallet Database.
api_token.txt- API Token need to connect to Node API.
After creation of a new wallet, the node will start synchronizing with the network and print a lot of
INFO messages with debugging information regarding synchronization status.
Connecting to Node
Download and run a command-line client.
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.9/stegos-linux-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.9/stegos-macos-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
The command-line client will try to connect to local node and print
stegos> prompt. To get help enter
help command at the prompt. By default, the client reads API token from
api_token.txt file in the current directory and tries to connect to default (
127.0.0.1:3145) Node address. Please see
stegos --help to override these options.